I was blog hopping around, revisiting many of those I keep missing, and stumbled upon Ciao Mom.
She had a challenge for today: List things you like about yourself – no self-deprecation allowed.
It’s a lot harder than it sounds.
So, without further ado:
1. My legs – they have always been my best feature.
2. My ability to laugh – even if everyone doesn’t always get it.
3. My noise filtering ability – it allows me to mute out the insanely loud toddler toy as my son stabs the button umpteen times.
4. My stubbornness – while sometimes a curse, it often comes in handy: whether learning to ride a bike without owning one, or potty training my very willful three year old.
5. My inner Mommy Bear – it will roar when anyone I love is threatened.
6. My love of reading – even if it often leads to reading “hangovers.”
7. My photography – Sure I can’t remember what f-stop means, but somehow I’ve gotten quite good at photographing my children.
8. My straightforwardness – sometimes it rubs people the wrong way, but I speak my mind and how I feel. I will never back stab or say anything behind someone’s back that I will not say to their face.
9. My ability to function on little sleep, at least for short periods of time.
10. My capacity for love.