Top 10 Highlights (and Lowlights) of Yesterday
2. My daughter continued her recent pattern of “I don’t want (insert person who needs to leave) to vanish from my presence!” by sobbing the minute I pulled into the gym parking lot, refusing to cease until after I dropped her off at the child care center. You would have thought I was torturing the poor girl.
3. My son was still in purple so I took both kids to the indoor pool where he swam, and dove for rings, while Lil Diva crab walked, jumped, and giggled.
4. The pool delayed nap time and Lil Diva’s nap was further delayed by a diaper filling need, which then infused her with “crapping energy” where she insisted on climbing on my bed and attacking the pillows instead of sleeping.
5. My son wore himself out with the pool and was relaxing on the couch like he wanted to nap. I tried to convince him to put on a pull-up and failed, but was successful getting him to move to his bed.
6. BOTH CHILDREN NAPPED AT THE SAME TIME! I was able to write in miraculous silence.
7. My son peed himself awake for the second time in a week (thankfully, no puking was involved).
8. Lil Diva was still asleep thanks to her late nap. And the sheets were due for washing anyway. And I’d already invested in a water proof mattress pad. And I was just really happy it wasn’t the couch and will happily take any suggestions on how to train deep sleepers not to pee their pants….
9. My son sponteneously performed a Stevie Wonder-like “dance” to Cher’s “If I Could Turn Back Time” while we were out eating dinner. Lil Diva naturally joined in, both of them dissolving me into a laughing pile of Mommy goo from the off-the-scale adorable factor.
10. The beaming smiles on his face, every time I praised his good behavior, when he “danced”, and when he informed me he was good for Daddy at the grocery store and received cake and blueberry “ice cream” (it’s really frozen yogurt) – they all brought a smile to my face. It’s the one infectious thing I love about having children.
So… a great day – as is often the case when he stays in purple.
I’m loving the pool more and more, although it still freaks me out a bit to be the sole adult (plus lifeguard(s) responsible for two kids…
I am so glad I’m not where I was a year ago…