The Lil Diva hit the 21 month mark this week.
A bomb set to explode, I hear the tick-tock countdown to 2 years old.
My baby girl will be TWO in only three months.
I feel the urge to scream “what the frak!” a day early.
It simple isn’t possible.
In fact, with the weather we’ve been having, I’m partially convinced it’s 2009 again and I’m suffering through my third trimester during the hottest Texas summer on record.
So my baby girl cannot be only three months away from the ripe old age of two.
Math does not compute.
Then I look at her.
She’s a bundle of curiosity, strength, rebellion, mischief, love, intellect, giggles, and feminine wiles wrapped up in body so cute, even strangers don’t mind the lake of drool left in her wake as she waves and bestows smiles on them.
And this is at 21 months.
Here are a few amusing facts about Lil Diva you might not know:
- She will eat peas, but only from taken from her brother’s canned Campbell’s minestrone soup or when contained in Panda Express’s fried rice.
- She is obsessed with puppies. Every other word out of her mouth is practically “puppy”.
- She has to locate the puppy on every page of every book.
- She is terrified of any puppy/dog within petting distance.
- She will scold her brother during a meltdown. I can’t understand a word, but her tone is unmistakable.
- She has no concept of giving bathroom privacy.
- She loves accessorizing: hats, shoes, bunny ears, and bags are constantly vanishing as she borrows them…
- She recently began crying whenever any person leaves her. It can be me when I drop her off at the gym, CG when he leaves for work, or The Tackler when he goes to “school”. I’m told she gets over it quickly, so it’s yet another sign of her dramatic flair.
- She can wrap any adult around her finger with a smile. It’s scary.
- She only knows the name of two dolls: Buzz and Woody.
- She will often battle her brother for the right to play with one of them.
- Her favorite movies are Tangled and Toy Story 2.
- If she sees me on my iPod she will often yell, “MIMI!” and demand we Facetime.
- She loves the water, whether pools, sprinkler parks, or the shower.
- She does not care if water streams in her face.
- I should have named her “Houdini”.
- What she loves to eat Thursday can easily become Friday’s tile fodder.
- She’s probably working on cutting her two year molars, given the low grade fever, constant gnawing of fingers, and path of drool. I’m tempted to put her in the yard just so she can water my grass…
- She created her own style of dance, heavily based on many of The Tackler’s steps.
- She gives the best “welcome home/back” greeting: running full tilt, slamming into you as she says, “Up! Up!” while chanting your name with glee.
Happy 21 months, my Lil Diva.
What amusing milestones are your children at?