Top 10 Reasons I’m Glad It’s Mother’s Day
9. I can justify sleeping in and not get a guilt trip for it.
8. I have a better reason to dine out than “I need to go to the grocery store because I forgot to meal plan again.”
7. I might be able to go clothes shopping without having to drag a child with me.
6. I’ll get to open my first Mother’s Day card my son made at “school”. And have lots of hugs from my children.
5. I’m hoping to get some uninterrupted writing time.
4. It is the day you have a Get Out of “Insert Whatever You Don’t Want to Do HERE” by saying, “But it’s Mother’s Day!”
3. It’s one day closer to my visit to Iowa – when I’ll get to hug my grandmother and mother in person.
2. Chocolate. I’m sure there will be chocolate.
1. It’s nice to finally hear and see appreciation for the Groundhog Day repetition the life of a stay-at-home mother encompasses.