Top 10 “Benefits” to Having a Sick Toddler*
9. Guilt-free TV and movie watching for the entire quarantine phase.
8. Nothing says “morning cocktail” like a sick child, especially if the night before was an all-nighter because your child woke up every 30-40 minutes.
7. Your 4 year old magically understands and behaves while you shower with your 19 month old to soothe a coughing fit preventing her from falling asleep for her nap.
6. It gives you an excuse to NOT: shave your legs, put on makeup, brush your hair, sleep, or cook dinner.
5. A trip to the grocery store is “fun” because it’s the only time you escape your house.
4. Forget working out at the gym since you can’t use the child care. Instead enjoy convenient home exercise as you run up and down the steps during nap time and most of the night. As an added bonus, your sick child demands to be used as a weight you are not allowed to set down – strengthening your leg and arm muscles.
3. You can finally catch up on the backlog from your DVR/Tivo when your child refuses to go back to their bed and will only sleep upright on your chest.
2. No one expects a clean house if your child is sick.
1. When it’s all over you will appreciate your everyday chaos, insanity, boring routine, and ability to sleep longer than 45 minutes a million times more.