Top 10 Reasons I’m Afraid to Click “Purchase” For Plane Tickets
10. The trip involves me going to visit my family. WITH my two children. No CG.
9. My family wants me to fly directly into Iowa (versus the cheaper Kansas City option). No direct flight exists. Two take offs. Two landings. Our last trip, the only thing ceasing Lil Diva’s screams on one flight, was The Mommy Milk Dispenser. This no longer exists.
8. I’ve never had to deal with a connecting flight with two children, much less while flying solo.
7. What if I miss the connecting flight and get stranded at the airport?
6. What if I lose a child in the airport because I dared put too much focus on the other one?
5. What if they brand my son a terrorist because he doesn’t wait well in the security line and CG isn’t with me to prevent him from crawling into the “no unauthorized personnel beyond this point” area?
4. I live in fear of another Airplane Poopapalooza. The idea of a possible one while I’m by myself…
2. CG and I had more sleep with Lil Diva as a newborn then we did at Christmas time. Thanks to illness and a cough, every night Lil Diva had to be removed from the bedroom she slept in with The Tackler – or we risked having The Tackler awake all night.
1. I’m never going to find time to write without a parent to tag team. I could use a few guest posters…
And before my mother gets all huffy with “Well maybe you shouldn’t visit if you feel that way?” please remember Mom, I’ve always known these reasons, and I still want to visit anyway.
I’m just terrified of Murphy, who haunts my vacations.
Anyone have survival tips for traveling alone with two little ones? Other than an iPod (which I know is vital).
I need to be prepared.