Perhaps if I write and blog my To Do List, I will summon every effort to cross all items off….
Top 10 Things Still on My To Do List After the Weekend
- Taxes – They’re due the 15th, and the computer with my data on it died. I don’t think the IRS will accept “technical difficulties” as an excuse.
- Pester CG to schedule my son’s 4 year well check – I’ve told my husband to schedule it because it is his turn. I sat through every well check for both of my children until this point. I distracted them when they tried to run amok, I held them down when they needed to be still, and comforted them during vaccinations. You celebrate your 4th birthday at the doctor with (I believe) four shots. It is CG’s turn. I’m on strike.
- Laundry – No matter how much I do, the end never arrives.
- Car registration – I’ve had the envelope ready for weeks, then forgot to mail it. Now April is here and my tags are expired. Every police car skyrockets the anxiety about being pulled over. This means I must take my children TO the office. Dammit.
- Bake Brownies – Because I’m craving them. Again.
- Schedule a hair cut – I need one. Bad.
Buy a new camera or finally get CG to order an internal battery for it– I cannot live without my SLR camera any longer. After weeks of suspecting the internal battery as the cause, it still has not been ordered online. Why? Because to ship a lithium battery, you pay ten times the cost of the tiny thing – the US Mail will not ship them. Who knew the tiny camera batteries were so dangerous?
- Teach Lil Diva the difference between “hug” and “headlock” – The survival of my sanity depends on avoiding another round of child care expulsions. (see #5)
- Ask for volunteers – I need babies close to her size or smaller to succeed in #8. Any takers? She was still under 24 pounds at her 18 month well check.
- Write – After taking the weekend “off”, my brain has atrophied, the stories and tales trapped behind the dam in my mind. Only writing again will open the floodgates and ideas. Also, a little help from Ironic Mom.
At least #7 is resolved. Assuming the battery IS the cause…
What did you intend to accomplish this weekend that is still on your To Do List?