Top 10 Signs You Have Mommy ADD (Attention Deficit Disorder) aka “Mommy Brain”
1. You often stop speaking mid-sentence and cannot recall five seconds later what you’d been saying.
2. You can remember your life twenty years ago with perfect clarity, but dinner yesterday is a mystery.
3. You forget about the load of laundry’s existence – until it’s too late and you have to redo it.
4. You have 59 tabs open in your browser consisting of blogs, Facebook, online bill paying and Google (as you hunt for an elusive out-of-stock item) – all in various states of being read, replied, paid, or found – but nothing completed.
5. I’m sorry, what?
6. You’re fairly certain what year it is, but date is up for debate.
7. You walk to the closet/room/refrigerator for a specific purpose, but upon reaching it you cannot recall why.
8. “Ohh! Shiny!”
9. Writing/reading a simple Top Ten List takes no less than two hours.
10. Despite repeated verbal “notes to self” you still forget: you used the last diaper, your child’s project was due tomorrow, your bill needs to be paid, there’s a birthday party that night, where the permission slip is you needed to sign two days ago, you had a doctor’s appointment, to turn off the car lights resulting in a dead battery, where the car keys are, and where you misplaced your formerly intelligent, working brain.
*Can also apply to Daddy ADD, especially if they are a stay at home parent.
What parental ADD moment have you had lately?