Welcome to Day 12 of The Twelve Days of Christmas (to be “read” like the song) – Dances with Chaos style……………
I know, so incredibly original the concept blows your mind – Matrix style. This will be usurping the usual Tacklerism Tuesday and “What the frak?” Friday segments until completed.
On the twelfth day of Christmas, dear Santa gave to me:
Twelve brand new presents,
Eleven inches of snow fall,
Ten minutes of pelting,
Nine sticky rolls,
Eight sloppy snow angels,
Seven sneaky snatchings,
Six doting relatives,
Five free dinners,
Four hours of sleep,
Three spares in a row,
As you get older, the number of gifts slowly dwindles. As you reproduce, the volume decreases even further as your children’s gifts dip into your previous pile of plunder.
It’s totally worth it, too. For the joy on their faces on Christmas morning.
This year’s Christmas morning booty:
- A digital camera for The Tackler – because he keeps wanting to steal mine (thank you G-ma & G-pa).
- A giggly baby doll for Lil Diva – to remind her how to laugh even when battling an ear infection (thank you Mimi & Grandpa Don).
- A weird plastic ball contraption for Lil Diva that The Tackler keeps commandeering from her – it’s loud, noisy, and a battery eater – so naturally it’s the perfect gift (thank you Mimi & Grandpa Don – although not sure how that will fit in our luggage).
- A Christmas ornament for me from my mother – to represent how our House of Chaos resembles a pack of polar bears blasting downhill on a sled at breakneck speed with no brakes (very appropriate Mom, thank you).
- A pull puppy dog for Lil Diva – who continues her love/terrified relationship with dogs but still loves the plastic kind (thank you G-ma & G-pa).
- A Thomas train station with turning wheel (not pictured) for The Tackler – to fulfill a long time obsession to re-enact Chuggington cars riding the rails. Even though the diecast cars don’t fit Thomas tracks (and the Chuggington tracks are cheap plastic destined for immediate breakage when first stepped upon), it doesn’t deter him in the slightest. Lil Diva is also a huge fan (thank you Mimi and Grandpa Don – though this will be even more challenging to properly fit into my bag and still fall under the weight limit).
- A cake pan for me from my mother – located on eBay because they no longer make them – it is for the purpose of baking my mother’s fabulous chocolate cake – a feat impossible without disintegrating into a million pieces with all other cake pans at my house – even when my mother attempted the task. Thanks mom. I can’t wait for you to visit again. 🙂
- A super snugly stuffed puppy dog – because nothing is cuter than watching Lil Diva cuddle with one or when she barks for it – except perhaps when she does the same with The Reba Puppy. Thanks Mimi & Grandpa Don – we now have a full litter of puppies for her.
- Buzz Lightyear for The Tackler – Sadly, this is not the Buzz we were looking for. The Tackler already has this space ranger (from last Christmas – although both arms have been broken off and partially repaired). When Mimi ordered it online, it showed an image of Circle Buzz Lightyear instead (think Toy Story 2, when Buzz tries to steal the other Buzz’s utility belt with the awesome anti-gravity button). He’s wanted one forever but they are to be hard to track down. So this Buzz will be returning to Amazon or wherever he jetted in from until the Real Circle Buzz Lightyear can be found. Thanks for trying, Mimi!
- A four pack of Disney wooden puzzles for The Tackler – the perfect pack of puzzles: two Toy Story 3 ones, a Cars one featuring Mater the Greater, and a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse one. The Tackler loves puzzles and these have already been put together a few times this morning (thanks Uncle Derek).
- Starcraft 2 for CG – he’s only been lusting for this since it came out. I passed the word on to my brother and he was happy to purchase it for CG. It was nice knowing you honey. Now I know where that free time will go…. (thanks Derek!).
- Check(s) – because the main present to CG and I this year was a new camera lens as our old one’s contacts broke off, rendering our SLR camera nearly useless – and it was in the pricey range. Thank you Mimi, Grandpa Don, G-ma, & G-pa for the monetary gift to help cover the cost. As you have seen, the lens is already getting a lot of use…
More thanks to my sister and her husband, Grandpa Bill, Great Grandma J, Grandma G, Aunt Connie, and everyone else who donated to our How The Heck are We Going to Fit This Into Our Suitcase pile of booty (all opened outside of the Christmas morning time frame). Thank you for adding to our joy by giving my children more practice in opening gifts – Lil Diva has improved dramatically since her first birthday.
It was a wonderful (and exhausting) 12 Days of Christmas. The battering of sleepless nights thanks to two sick kids sharing a room were very rough and I’m nearly passing out as I type this. However, the awesome memories created as The Perfect Hollywood Movie Snow fell and allowed The Snow Fort that Daddy Built to be formed in the backyard, the first snowball fight erupted between me and The Tackler, the Sneaky Snatcher pilfered cookie dough from the Christmas cookies, and Lil Diva slowly learned that The Reba Puppy would not eat her (only lick her to death) – it all made this a magical week.
Topped off by a our delicious traditional Christmas breakfast and gift unwrapping chaos – it just doesn’t get much better than this.
It’s a bit colder outside now, but I’m hoping more snow play will happen today. Perhaps completion of The Snow Fort that Daddy Built.
Except for The Tackler is now crashing from the sugar overload and his ears are apparently not in working order.
Lil Diva wants to steal everyone’s cell phone or laptop.
And in spite a caffeine influx, my eyes do not wish to stay open. Perhaps Santa has one more gift in store: an unheard of Christmas Day nap.
Merry Christmas all!