I’m a zombie. I should not still be up.
All I wanted to do was upload a video of The Thriller Dance we performed today.
I blame Google. And YouTube.
They are supposed to be the same thing. But if you accidentally are tricked into linking an old YouTube account with a Google account, it will implode.
The process becomes a never ending loop with the end result being you are locked out from your YouTube Account. It goes something like this:
- You go to YouTube and are told to log onto your YouTube or Google Account. I can’t recall my YouTube password, so I log into Google.
- This works, but then tells me if I already have a YouTube account, I must now sign into it with my YouTube user name and password. I can’t remember my password, so I click the password help link.
- I enter my YouTube username, fill the box in with the hard to read letters to verify I am not spam, and it sends me an email.
- The email, instead of containing a real link to reset my YouTube Account Password, informs me my YouTube Account is linked through Google and I must reset it THERE.
- But I know that password. Still, I follow their link and reset the password – the GOOGLE password, even though I KNEW that one.
- The Google password resets, I repeat Step 1.
- I repeat steps 2 through 4 and realize the loop will never EVER end.
- I do this for an hour, my ire increasing with each futile search for a solution.
- Then I beg for help from Computer Guru.
- Fifteen minutes later, he tells me I’m fracked and to create a new account.
- I do, and it takes almost two hours to upload a 4 minute video.
Google, get your stuff fixed. This type of screw up is unacceptable. You aren’t Microsoft, who managed to escape the Windows 95/98 craptacular products. You aren’t supposed to be Evil.
You’re going to piss a lot of people off. So pull your head out of the steaming piles of cow dung and FIX the issue with old YouTube Accounts when linked with a Google Account.
Or I might have to switch to Bing.
Don’t make me do it. Please?