10. Find my set of car keys. While my husband is a Computer God and Mr. I Can Fix Anything rolled into one, there are a few things that are beyond his Superman abilities: A) load the dishwasher properly and B) put car and house keys back onto The Key when finished. He drove the van the last two Sundays and one of those days (thanks to Mommy Brain I can’t recall if it was my birthday to Six Flags or when he went to Barnes & Noble) was the last time my set of car keys had eyes laid upon it. They have to be here. Somewhere…. Most likely Where CG Puts Everything, i.e his pant’s pockets. The perpetrating pants have gone into deep hiding and I really need those keys back. I’m sick of using the spare, which is The Spare and thus, the last set of working keys. I just don’t like those odds.
9. Do laundry. As an added bonus, this could help accomplish #10. My house would also appear much cleaner without piles of dirty laundry everywhere (courtesy of The Tackler emptying the laundry baskets).
8. Relearn the Thriller Dance. I’m performing it at my gym’s Spooktacular event for Halloween. I love dancing. I love to perform (even if my skills leave something to be desired). And I love Thriller. It is still the best music video ever. It is the only thing I have ever enjoyed seeing Zombies in. I performed this two years ago, but missed last year because of the newborn Diva.
7. Discover the cure for the common cold. Or at the very least, the perfect remedy for a toddler with The Cough That Keeps Her Awake During Nap and at Night. I just can’t believe this doesn’t exist already. As mentioned during my frustration in last night’s blog, I cannot understand why Viagra exists, but not something that helps our young children with a cough or sore throat. It just shows there is something wrong with priorities in this world…
6. Research/Buy new cell phones. My cell executes odd bits of behavior, like sporadically shutting itself off entirely when I close the phone. No warning. No noise. No clue my phone is off until I go to make a call and find the screen is dead. CG’s battery is toast. Mine is on the way out. And today, it required me to hit the same button three times before it acknowledged it and deleted a voice mail. We’re with Verizon. Any recommendations?
5. Pay bills. The necessary evil that one must to do keep internet, air conditioning, and food in the house.
4. Bake brownies. Eat them. Because when you’re sleep deprived and have coughing whiny children who have hardly napped, you need chocolate.
3. Clean house. The second necessary evil. I can see one counter top since I cleaned it last night, so if the children let me, I might be able to see two before the night is done. Maybe tomorrow instead.
2. Clean up my iTunes music folder. CG really wants to use my old iPod but I haven’t synced any music onto my new one because somehow the music folder has created hundreds of duplicates (thanks to sharing libraries when a laptop died) and I am not iTunes Savvy. Any idea how best to clear these away??? I’m using a non-Apple computer for iTunes.
1. Acquire a full night’s sleep. And I quote, “Sheeyah riiight! And monkeys might fly out of my butt.”
At least #4 is done.
Got to have priorities.