10. I tried to get hot water out of the kitchen faucet. A simple task, no? Two minutes passed. My water remained cold (well tepid as it is never cold during summer here). I wondered why the frack my water wasn’t hot. Was the light out on my water heater? Then it hit me. Left side = hot. I’d turned on the right side.
9. My children are asleep. There is no guarantee (ever) that they will stay that way.
8. I still have The Cough (where I sound like my pancreas is about to be hacked up) which is likely to deprive me of sleep tonight. Which reminds me…
7. I just took some NyQuil.
6. I nearly put dish soap in the dish washer. That would have made for a lovely mess in the morning..
5. I tried to put my box of cereal in the fridge. Luckily there wasn’t any room.
4. I’m likely to wake up at 5 AM and not be able to get back to sleep because..
3. The NyQuil will be fading and The Cough will be back.
2. I’m fighting off whatever caused The Cough and all I’ve wanted to do this week is nap. I even struggled doing my favorite group fitness classes because my energy level was so low. I could really use two nights in a row of 8 hours of sleep (’tis a miracle only likely to happen when my mother visits).
1. Kyra’s 1st birthday party is tomorrow. Anyone who has planned a party with young children, knows the mile long To Do List involved… And I’m a Classic Procrastinator…