I only have a few minutes before I head out again, so here are some random things that are and have been going on:
- The Tackler had a very successful make up swim lesson with Miss Beth on Sunday. He listened and actually did what he was told! He even swam a bit on his own (the key being if he had his goggles on so he’d look down instead of up and sink).
- After the FIRST TIME EVER telling a “teacher” at the gym childcare that he had to use the potty (last Friday), he has now gone back to crapping in his diaper (today)…. Two steps forward, a leap backward…
- On Friday Lil Diva cried and became Little Miss Cling Wrap for the first time EVER when I dropped her off at the child care. In the past she just took off and went to play. It has occurred EVERY time since, so it appears her separation anxiety has kicked into full gear.
- She’s been sleeping poorly most nights (and had three days of little to short power naps, followed by one day of two 2 hour naps because so exhausted). Tooth #3 is making headway, and the teeth on either side of that one look close.
- I had great baby girl bonding time during my son’s quiet time today. Many kisses, laughs, and cuddles.
- So of course, Lil Diva woke up SCREAMING from her nap today, like she’d had the scariest nightmare ever. And it lasted off and on until I fed her some food. She’d stop, get a look from someone, and start all over again. Or I’d dare to set her down and it would re-commence.
- Lil Diva also decided to do this while CG and I took The Tackler to play video games for Monday Night Madness again (see HERE to read about our last excursion there). Poor poor Bobbi, who was stuck baby-sitting.
- The Tackler loved the driving games, the simulator game, and a boat torpedoing game the best. There was also this kid basketball shooting game he quite enjoyed. Skee-ball (actually the crappy ice ball version they have) is still beyond his skills.
- I’m hoping to head out here shortly once The Tackler is in bed so CG and I can go have a quick air-hockey-a-thon before our energy levels tank. Summer is almost over as school starts next week (although it’s supposed to be above 100 every day in the near future), so I think the special for game play might be ending.
Well, more of carpe noctem this time.
Then hurry home and crash before Lil Diva and/or The Tackler wake us up in the middle of the night… again.