Like a rubber band. SNAP!
I don’t know what factors exactly went into play today:
– Lil Diva only taking a 45 minute nap, then having to use half of my “time off” to attempt laundry and the other half to put The Tackler back in his room for his nap because he didn’t want to stay in his room.
– Lil Diva still cutting the top middle teeth and being a whiny, cranky, clingy fuss pot for at least 70% of her waking hours today.
– The Tackler being mean to Lil Diva because she idolizes him and follows him around imitating everything he does…. or grabbing/patting his hair.
– The Tackler just being reckless and injuring his sister.
-Lil Diva being a whiny, cranky, clingy FUSS POT! Did I say that already?
– It was the third day this week I was unable to accomplish what needed to be done around that house because I don’t get more than 15 minutes without my services required.
-No volleyball due to rain… I really love volleyball.
-I haven’t blogged in 3 days. Because my brain simply lacked the ability to string together a thought, much less a paragraph or entire blog. And I REALLY missed that.
By no means was this the worst day ever. In fact, it wasn’t THAT bad. The Tackler even napped for a bit (after his sister already woke up, naturally).
But for some reason, the patience meter today reached max capacity and showed no signs of stopping. I wanted run and hide far, far away from the obnoxious, deaf (because he wasn’t listening) Toddler and the wailing, whiny, clingy (but still so darn cute) Little Girl.
That or enable the MUTE function, but to my knowledge that hasn’t been invented yet.
Rarely do I feel so overloaded on a day that is really, well, the New Normal.
Thankfully, my dear, wonderful hubby noticed that for some inexplicable reason I was near exploding point. He released me from my motherly duties for a while and I fled so quickly I swear I left one of those Looney Tune puffs of smoke in my wake.
So here I am. I had dinner alone at Wich Wich.
It was everything I thought it could be. Peaceful. Quiet.
I’m thinking of going to Krispy Kreme for a HOT NOW doughnut when I’m done typing. Then off to do the responsible thing and go to the grocery store and then back home to help put the kids to bed.
I should go now. I had last night “off” for the most part and got to go shopping with Bobbi (I desperately need new clothes) and even have dinner sans kiddos, albeit very late. It would be nice to see Computer Guru (aka hubby) for a change too.
Right after I get that doughnut.. Or two…