You never know where inspiration might strike.
I read a blog post on Tuesday that dealt with a classic example of misinterpretation: Maija read a humor blog and took it a bit too seriously. Why?
Because it touched one of her Hot Buttons – that of the working mom.
It made me think, “What are my hot buttons?”
There are certain things you do NOT say to a stay at home mother (or father). Not if you don’t want them to dream of tossing you into a pit with a Rancor while laughing maniacally.
Top 10 Things You Should Never Say To a Stay at Home Mom*
- “It must be nice to relax all day.”
- “Why isn’t dinner ready? You’ve had plenty of time.”
- “I don’t understand what is so difficult about washing and putting away laundry.”
- “Your job is so easy.”
- “You should really control your children.”
- “Wow, your husband lets you stay at home. You’re so lucky you don’t have to work at a real job.”
- “Why does it look like a bomb exploded in here? You should really pick up during the day.”
- “You look like hell. Why didn’t you take a shower?”
- “How could you need a break?”
- “Don’t you wish you did something more important during the day?”
What are your hot buttons?